The district Chandrapur was earlier known as ‘Chanda’ according to tradition and legend the name of the place was ‘Lokapura’ which was first changed to ‘ Indpur’ and subsequently to Chandrapur. During the British colonial period it was called Chanda district, which was again changed to its original name ‘Chandrapur ‘ around 1964. Other places of the region in ancient times include wairangad, Kosala, Bhadravati and Markanda. Hindu and Buddhist kings are said to have ruled the area for a long time, Later on Gonds overtook Dana Chiefs who ruled Chandrapur around 9 th century and Gond Kings ruled the area till 1751 after which Maratha period started. Raghuji Bhosale, the last King of the dynasty, died heirless in 1853 and Nagpur province together with Chandrapur was declared annexed to … More
- Order regarding mission begin again (Dated 14-10-2020)
- Lockdown – Prohibitory Order under Section 144 of the Code of Criminal Code Procedure, 1973 (Dated 02-10-2020)
- Regarding voluntary observance of public curfew from 25th September to 1st October.
- Fine for not using MASK
- Under Land Acquisition Act 2013 Section 11(1) Publication
- My family, My responsibility campaign